Cabinets and hardware are an essential part of a modular kitchen design. Here is a brief overview of some of the different types of cabinets and hardware that can be used in a modular kitchen
- Base Units: These are the lower cabinets that sit on the floor and provide storage space for pots, pans, and other kitchen essentials. They can be customized with drawers, pull-out shelves, or open shelves.
- Wall Units: These are the upper cabinets that are mounted on the wall above the countertop. They provide additional storage space for dishes, glasses, and other kitchen items.
- Semi-Tall Units: These are cabinets that are taller than the base units but shorter than the tall units. They can be used to store small appliances or pantry items.
- Tall Units: These are the tallest cabinets in a modular kitchen and can reach all the way to the ceiling. They are used to store larger items which may be customized as per requirement.
- Lofts: These are open shelves that are mounted on the wall above the wall units. They can be used to store kitchen items that are not frequently used.
- PDR Units: These are cabinets that have a plate drain rack for storing plates and cups, it comes along with a drip tray. They are typically installed above the sink or countertop for easy access.
- Pull Outs: These are shelves or baskets that are mounted on tracks and can be pulled out for easy access to the items stored inside.
- Wicker Baskets: These are baskets made of natural materials such as rattan or bamboo. They can be used to store fruits and vegetables or other kitchen items.
- Single Shelf Units: These are cabinets that have a single shelf and are used to store larger kitchen items such as serving dishes or cookware.
- Corner Units: These are cabinets designed to fit into the corner of the kitchen and are used to maximize storage space.
- Sink Units: These are cabinets that house the sink and provide storage space for cleaning supplies.
- Open Storage Units: These are cabinets that have open shelves and can be used to display decorative items or to store frequently used items.
- RO Units: These are cabinets that house the water purifier system and provide storage space for glasses and other kitchen items.
Hardware such as handles, knobs, hinges, and drawer slides are important components of modular kitchen design. They can be customized to match the style and color of the cabinets and to provide ease of use and functionality.
images courtesy KAFF @ www.kaff.in